Thank you to all who were able to attend the HAA meeting. Below is a recap of what was discussed.
Mr. Morris opened the meeting with a reflection on St. Frances Xavier Cabrini.
Mr. Morris then provided some updates:
- Middle school math teacher has left. A replacement is being sought and interviews are being conducted.
- Strategic Plan – objectives and goals for the 3 year Strategic Plan are due next on Nov. 22. (The Strategic Plan focusies on the 5 domains of Academic Excellence and Programs, Finance and Development, Marketing and Enrollment, Governance and Leadership, and Catholic Identity).
- Uniforms in cold weather – we want students to be warm and comfortable in cold weather so students can wear pants in advance of the December 1st date and actual temperature when it is cold outside. A posting will be put on Option C.
- DeSales Technology Grant – the Chromebooks have still not arrived which is unfortunate. In the meantime, iPads have been distributed to the upper grade classrooms for use a few times a week.
- Parent Teacher Conference will be split into 2 sessions: December 5th will be the evening session; December 6th will be the afternoon session.
- Safety of younger kids during recess was discussed. It was noted that Kindergarten students are in a separate section of the school yard, and only 2 teachers are able to supervise the school yard so further separation is not possible. Virtus certified parents could volunteer if available but it would depend on how many came for lunch duty on any given day.
Lorraine Casey, Board Chair, provided some updates:
- Social media – we now have an Instagram page in addition to our Facebook page. We are working toward posting more pics in addition to our website.
- AmazonSmile – we are now a charity on AmazonSmile and encourage parents, family, and friends to place orders on Amazon through this site so that the school gets a portion of the proceeds which are paid out quarterly.
- Halloween Party – the event was a huge success, bringing in $588 (the Bake Sale contributed $110 of that amount)! The Queens Ledger sent a photographer and the kids were in the Nov 7 edition of the newspaper.
- Upcoming Events:
- Food Drive for Thanksgiving
- Pie Sale – money due by Nov 18
- Christmas Boutique – Dec 10-12. A suggestion for next year was to get more merchandise and open up shopping to the CCD children on a Sunday.
- Christmas Giving Tree in conjunction with St. Adalbert Church
- Ugly Sweater Dance Dec 13 7-9pm
- 5-7th grades, with the allowance of one guest of the child’s age.
- $5 for each attendee (SACA student and guest).
- Ms. Diaz will be the DJ.
- Refreshments (water, chips) will be sold.
- Parent volunteers (10 minimum) from 6-10pm will be crucial to supervise during the dance, as well as set up and clean up.
- A letter will go out with more details and instructions, including a note about conduct during the dance.
- Suggestions include Photo Booth, Geo Filter, decorations made by younger grade students.
Our next meeting will be after the Christmas holiday in January. An announcement will go out on Option C.