Thank you to all who were able to attend the HAA meeting. Below is a recap of what was discussed.
Mr. Morris provided some updates as well as a review of items discussed at our first HAA meeting on September 26:
- Strategic Plan – the 3 year Strategic Plan is underway, focusing on the 5 domains of Academic Excellence and Programs, Finance and Development, Marketing and Enrollment, Governance and Leadership, and Catholic Identity. The next step is establishing objectives for each domain for the next 3 years.
- DeSales Grant – iPads have been distributed, and Chromebooks for the upper grades should be coming in the next few weeks.
- Dress down day Friday Oct 25th; dress down days to be done more frequently to provide another fundraising opportunity for the school.
- A school tshirt, potentially designed by the students, was discussed as an alternative dress down option.
- Upcoming pie sale in November (more details will be forthcoming).
- Bazaar – many parents and students have requested a multi-day Bazaar. Given the enormous effort required to undertake the Bazaar, it was suggested that we do a one day event next year, with the Kids Day sessions during the school day and an evening session open all in the community. Parent involvement is critical to enable this to happen before and during the Bazaar.
Lorraine Casey, Board Chair, discussed details regarding the Costume Party and Bake Sale on October 31 from 6-7pm:
- 96 children and 111 adults are attending, and 17 parents have indicated that they will bring in baked goods for the Bake Sale thus far.
- The Youth Ministry will be stuffing goody bags for the children with the candy sent in by parents (67 bags as of Oct 24). We have also arranged for some of the Youth Ministry to be present during the party to help out.
- We will sell water and popcorn in addition to the baked goods.
- Ms. Diaz will be the DJ for the party.
- We will have a coloring table for the younger children to color in pumpkins, and there will be Trick or Treat stations throughout the gym.
- Gym set up will begin at 4:30 – any parents who can help will be appreciated!
Our next event will be a 6th and 7th grade dance with a suggested date of December 13th from 7-9pm. More details will follow.
Next meeting will be on Thursday, November 14 at 7pm in the lower cafeteria. We look forward to seeing you there!